About this course...
The course covers the 5 key steps of the writing process:
- Module 1: pre-writing
- Module 2: drafting
- Module 3: revising
- Module 4: editing
- Module 5: proofreading
Topics covered include:
- the purpose and structure of different sections (Introduction, Methodology, Data analysis and Results, Discussion and Conclusions, Abstract),
- the use of language and grammar (parallel sentences, appropriate tenses, sentence coordination),
- the style of good academic writing,
- supporting materials (figures and tables, bibliography, appendices),
- and finally, extra tips and tools to avoid procrastination.
The course is delivered on a password-protected platform, with modules being released once a week after enrolment. Students can go through the material at their own pace and will retain access to the course for a minimum period of three years (further extensions can be granted upon request).